Solar panels vs. generators
There are many debates on the topic of Solar or Generator. We do provide both services here at Eastern Air Flow of KY to all of Lexington, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Ashland, Richmond, Hazard, Louisa, Winchester, Georgetown, Morehead & surrounding areas. We would like to provide our customers with some information between the two products.
-Solar Panels help reduce your electricity bill.
- Solar panels protect you from rising electricity costs.
-Installing solar can be even cheaper when you take advantage of solar incentives (if you install a solar system before the end of 2020 you could be eligable for the 26% federal tax credit).
-The payback time for a solar panel system can be as little as 4 years.
-Solar panels do not produce Greenhouse Gas emissions which makes them environmentally friendly.
-The US would not have to rely on other countries to get oil , gas, and coal like we do now.
-High upfront costs.
- The manufacturing of Solar Panels has some environmental impact.
- You can't take solar with you if you decide to move.
- Seamless switching between systems making it worry free.
- Continual flow of power for home medical equiptment.
- A regular power source
- You can use your electrical appliances to prepare meals if the power goes out.
- Since there is power there is no worry about frozen pipes.
-The transfer switch acts as a surge protector and prevents back-feeding electricity.
- They are noisey
-Are only being used if the electricity goes out.
-Instillation requires advanced plumbing and electrical skills.
-Can be costly
-They depend on a fuel supply.
-They need regular maintenance.
Please contact us and let us know what home performance topic you would like to learn more about!